Aloevera Care For Depression
Depression is one of the most common emotional disorders. It may be manifested in varying degrees: from feelings of slight sadness to utter misery and dejection. Depression is a very unpleasant malady and is far more difficult to cope with than a physical ailment. The growing complexities of modem life and its resultant crises, as well as the mental stress and strain of day-to-day life, usually leads to this disorder.
• The most striking symptoms of depression are an acute sense of loss, inexplicable sadness, loss of energy, lack of interest in the world around, and fatigue. A disturbed sleep is a frequent occurrence.
• Other symptoms of depression are loss of appetite, giddiness, itching, nausea, agitation, irritability, impotence or frigidity, constipation, aches and pains all over the body, lack of concentration, and indecisiveness.
• Cases of severe depression may be characterised by low body temperature, low blood pressure, hot flushes and shivering.
Apple is one of the most valuable remedies for mental depression. The fruit should be taken with milk and honey. This remedy will act as a very effective nerve tonic and recharge the nerves with new energy and life.
• The cashewnut is another valuable remedy for general depression and nervous weakness. It is rich in vitamins of the B group, especially thiamine, and is therefore useful in stimulating the appetite and the nervous system.
• An infusion of rose petals should be prepared by mixing 15 gm of rose petals in 250 ml of boiling water. If drunk occasionally, instead of the usual tea and coffee, it is beneficial for treating this condition.
• Banana for Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin - known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.